Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Cayman Lemonade

I found this recipe on Pinterest the other day and I found myself curious. The cocktail was named the Cayman Lemonade and here is how it is described:
The Cayman Lemonade! Delicious, but dangerous as well…considering it tastes exactly like lemonade but there is not one ounce of actual lemonade in the drink! Enjoy! 1 oz Vodka 1 oz Triple Sec 1 oz Peach Schnapps, Cranberry juice, Club Soda. Mix vodka, triple sec and peach schnapps in a shaker. Pour over ice, add a squeeze of lime and a splash of cranberry juice and club soda. Stir and enjoy!!!
I decided to make it as described and you know what? It didn't taste exactly like lemonade. It tasted like a fizzy peach drink since the peach schnapps seemed to be the dominant flavor in the cocktail and it was unbalanced in terms of sweetness. It wasn't a bad or ill-tasting cocktail, but it just didn't live up to the description of it being a "Lemonade". I decided to play around with the cocktail to make it somewhat like a boozy lemonade. Here is how I made it:
The Cayman Lemonade (Updated)
1oz Vodka
1oz Triple Sec
1oz Peach Schnapps
Juice of Half a Lemon
Cranberry Juice
Club Soda

Mix lemon juice, vodka, triple sec and peach schnapps in a shaker. Pour over ice, and a splash of cranberry juice and club soda. Stir and enjoy!!!
This one was definitely a more balanced cocktail which actually had a lemonade feel and taste to it. I had Marta take a taste of it and she absolutely loved it. It is a cocktail that one can have at a beach somewhere while you are lounging back on a beach chair with your favorite book.

I think I may have found a new Spring/Summer cocktail to make at the bar. Try it. Let me know what you think.

Until Then, Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment