Thursday, November 15, 2018

Redbreast 12 Cask Strength 🐦 at Finn's Corner November 15, 2018

After being away from Finn's Corner (660 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn NY 347-663-9316) last week, I come back to work to find that we have a new selection on the Irish Whiskey shelf. Boy is it a doozy of a Whiskey.

Finn's now carries the Redbreast 12-year Cask Strength Irish Whiskey which comes in at a whopping 118.4 Proof aka 58.2 avb. 👀👀👀 Yup, while I try to stay away from the supercharged spirits, the times that I have had anything over the 110 proof range, it has never ended well for me. From getting demolished drinking Navy strength gin, overproof Madagascan rum or unwittingly doing a shot of bathtub moonshine and having to walk around in a t-shirt in the middle of a freezing February day because I was burning up, drinking the overproof stuff. Luckily I have learned from those experiences and just had a little sip of this powerful bird 🐦. In case you aren't familiar with this product, let's go straight to the source. 

According to the Redbreast listing for their Redbreast 12 Cask Strength Irish Whiskey, this Redbreast 12 in its natural, full flavored state. Straight from the cask, unfiltered, no water added. In comparison, the standard Redbreast 12-year comes in at 80 proof aka 40 abv. I can't come up with the notes, the nose or any of the descriptions that those who review spirits come up with. I only had a wee sip. But I'll let you watch Mark Gillespie from the Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey YouTube channel give you his review on the Redbreast 12 Cask Strength:


What I can say is I am surprised that I didn't get much of a burn both on the lips and the tongue that I probably would have expected. And it was very flavorful. So maybe at some point when I can sit back and fully give the Redbreast 12 Cask Strength the time it deserves for a tasting. Still, at 118.4 proof, its probably not a good idea to do so while behind the bar. 

But don't let me stop you. Roll on through to Finn's Corner on a Tuesday and I'll be glad to pour you one...or a few if you are daring.

Until Then Keep Drinking,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks

No comments:

Post a Comment