Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Quick Introduction

Just to let you gals and guys that may have stumbled on my little blog allow me to introduce myself. My name is Francisco aka Sisco Vanilla and I am a bartender at the Bleecker Street Bar which is located in the NOHO neighborhood of New York City. While I have worked as a bouncer in bars and clubs for over 15 years, I am just approaching my one year anniversary as a bartender (the Sunday of Memorial Day to be exact).

I have to say, getting behind the bar has given me a new life in the bar business and a new appreciation now that I see how things work on both sides of the bar. Though I work in what might be considered a beer and shot bar, I want to broaden my knowledge base when it comes to bartending. So through this blogpage, I intend to describe how I am going about in learning more about my trade. I intend to attend tastings and I will take it upon myself to learn new drinks and methods. If any of you have an advice, feel free to email me at siscovanilla@gmail.com

BTW, why Sisco Vanilla? Well, since I am in charge of the bar's $$$ during my shift and occasionally we bartenders partake of a shot while at work, my preferred shot is Stolichnaya Vanilla which has become affectionately known as the bar as Sisco Vanilla. Have to be responsible while behind the sticks. No?

SiscoVanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment