Saturday, July 14, 2012

La Limonada Frambuesa

At home I try to keep my cocktails simple, especially since I tend to have one late at night when everyone is asleep. There's nothing like to sound of ice and booze shaking in a metal shaker to wake everyone up. LOL. So for those occasions when I do want a drink, I use a simple formula of two or three ingredients. For this post, I want to highlight a cocktail that has become a summer favorite of mine.

As I have profiled in earlier posts, I love having lemonade cocktails during the summer. In my post Lemonade Was A Popular Drink... I wrote about a drink I called El Murcielago Rosado which contained Bacardi Light Rum, Light Pink Lemonade and Diet 7-up. In this one I slightly change the ingredients, leaving the Light Pink Lemonade from the prior post. Here goes:
La Limonada Frambuesa
2oz. Bacardi Black Razz
4oz. Light Pink Lemonade
Diet Ginger Ale to fill

Build Bacardi Black Razz and Light Pink Lemonade over ice in an Old Fashioned glass. Top off with Diet Ginger Ale.
I love how the flavors of the Black Razz and Pink lemonade blend together with the Diet Ginger Ale giving the drink a bit of effervescence. It is an easy and refreshing drink to make on one of these hot evenings this summer. Try it. I think you'll like it.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment