Monday, December 31, 2018

Liquor Ads from the New York Times December 23, 1937 Part II

Hey peeps, welcome back to the second part of the Liquor Ads from the New York Times December 23, 1937. In Part I, I looked at a number of different spirits that were being advertised in the NYT edition of December 23, 1937. I kept what I believed was the best one in terms of spirits that are currently available. Here is the ad:


Jameson Irish Whiskey is arguably one of the most popular and well known Irish whiskys in New York City, if not the whole world. I honestly can't say that I have walked into a bar that didn't carry John Jameson and his Sons' whiskey. This whiskey is especially popular among the frat boy and the "dude bro" demographic who just love to call it "Jamo" 😖 Ugh. Back to the ad.

Here is how the ad describes this particular uisge beatha:
Sportsmen all over the world seem to prefer John Jameson. It's hearty, robust, mellow - a man's drink. A sportsman friend would enjoy it. So would you. 
Well I guess frat boys and dude bros could fall in the category of being a "sportsman" 😁

Thank you to everyone out there in the interwebs that have supported me this year both on this blog page and on my personal Instagram page. Also much love to everyone who has made the trek down to Prospect Heights to have a couple of beers and shots at Finns Corner this past year. You've made the transition back to the bar full time easier and much more pleasurable. I look forward to continuing to pour more and more delicious beverages for you in the upciming 2019 and hopefully beyond.

Sláinte to you all and Happy New Year 2019.

Until Then Keep Drinking,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaisStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks
#SiscoVanillaAtTheMovies 

No comments:

Post a Comment