Monday, July 29, 2019

Beer Ads From July 29th from the New York Times July 29, 2019

For those of you who aren't familiar with my other two blogs: BaseballSisco and HistorySisco, I use the New York Times Machine as a resource to look up events and to find old ads. I've used that resource here in the past with the following posts: Liquor Ads from the New York Times December 23, 1937 Part I and Liquor Ads From the New York Times April 28, 1959 Part I to name a few. I love old ads. They give you a nice and compact time capsule for what was popular at the time and what kind of spirits and beer were sold at the time.


The first beer that I am going to profile from ads dated July 29, 1909 and July 29, 1914 is the Imperial Lager that was brewed by the Empire Brewery which was located in Greenwich Village. I find this particular ad to be quite entertaining:

From the New York Times July 29, 1914

I love how their tagline says: Improves Dinner Immensely! Good for the Family, Too! This ad is NOT from 2019 😉 Keep an eye out for the next post. 

Until Then Happy Drinking,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaHasABrewski
#SiscoVanillaBeerChronicles


No comments:

Post a Comment