Saturday, July 27, 2019

SiscoVanilla is at a Crossroads of Sorts July 27, 2019

Before I go into what I am at a crossroads about, I just wanted to thank everyone for the continued support during this inconsistent time on this blog. A lot has happened in the last couple of years. I gave up meat, I went back to fulltime bar work and I stopped drinking hard liquor. For the sake of this blog the last two are key.

Many people ask me how can I quit drinking hard liquor when I'm surrounded by booze four nights a week. It was actually very easy. I just found that my body couldn't handle the effects of the consumption of hard liquor. Since I stopped drinking I'm sitting at 106 days of no hard liquor. Now for the sake of this blog where I profiled cocktails, spirits and their histories, not drinking can be a bit tricky. Not that I can't write about cocktails and spirits, I can. But I don't feel that I can properly give my thoughts on cocktails and spirits that I don't sample myself. But what I haven't given up is beer.

If you follow the #SiscoVanillaBeerChronicles on my IG-TV channel you already know that I've been doing basic beer reviews. They aren't fancy in the least, I go to places, try a beer and give my thoughts on what I think of them in good old fashioned plain English. I want to use this blog as an accompanying resource to go into the history of breweries, beer brands and beer types. It's not the first time I've focused on beer. I've already done so with Bass Ale and Ballentine Ale. I won't totally ignore booze posts and eventually I'll go back to writing about booze and beer references in movies.

Well I guess that's it for now. Thank you all once again for your continued support. As usual you can find me at Finn's Corner (660 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn NY (347)663-9316) on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights. Hope to see you soon.

Until Then Keep Drinking,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaBeerChronicles
#SiscoVanillaHasABrewski
#SiscoVanillaAtTheMovies

No comments:

Post a Comment