Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Panther Pils Grande Bière Vintage Poster September 4, 2019

I love vintage ads and posters of products of the ages gone by. I especially love this poster that I came across on Pinterest for Panther Pils.


Now I haven't been able to find much on the Panther Pils Grande Bière aside from it being from France based on this old beer bottle label:


The art looks like it might be from the 1920's or 1930's.  There is a name on the bottom by the name of Coullard (?) Any guesses peeps? The internet is quite silent on this. On a side note...

The comic geek in me sees that ad above and can't help but see DC Comics Wonder Woman villainess Cheetah. Check them out side-by-side:


Cheetah made her debut in Wonder Woman  issue number 6 back in 1943. Its not inconceivable that whomever created that character was influenced by the Panther Pils poster. But that's just speculation on my part. If I find out more, I'll update the post. For now, just enjoy the art.

Unitl Then Happy Drinking,
SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaHasABrewski
#SiscoVanilla BeerChronicles



No comments:

Post a Comment