Wednesday, October 23, 2019

New England IPA by Samuel Adams Brewing Co October 22, 2019

Hey peeps!!! A few weeks ago I had my first taste of Boston Beer Company's Samuel Adams New England IPA aka NEIPA. Now as you all know, I've been trying to work on my IPA palate. In my last post, I touch on how I didn't know that for American IPA's, region plays a big part in what kind of IPA you might come across. Going back to the book The Complete IPA: The Guide to Your Favorite Craft Beer by Joshua M. Bernstein, here is Bernstein's description for the NEIPA:
"Though balanced, malt proud IPAs are still legion here, brewers are reinventing them. New York and points northward typically favor late-addition hops of the fruity and tropical sort, grains such as oats and wheat that impart a silky mouthfeel, and light filtration, resulting in juicy beers that look like a tall glass of orange juice - the bitterness all but banished."
On to the Samuel Adams New England IPA. The beer app Untappd has the following description from Samuel Adams for the Samuel Adams NEIPA:
Born inside our nano brewery in Boston, Samuel Adams New England IPA is a medium-bodied, hazy brew featuring a big punch of citrus juiciness.

The slight sweetness is perfectly balanced by the pineapple and grapefruit hop character, without being overly bitter. Clocking in at 6.8% ABV and a low 35 IBUs, the unfiltered IPA provides a burst of fruited hop aroma and leaves drinkers wanting another sip. In comparison to West Coast style IPAs which have prominent hop bitterness and a light, dry mouthfeel, New England IPA’s are generally known for a juicy, luscious mouthfeel and opaque, hazy appearance - and are best enjoyed fresh.

Malt Varieties: Samuel Adams two-row pale malt blend, white wheat, golden naked oats

Hops: Galaxy, Simcoe, Mosaic, Citra, Cascade"
I reviewed the Samuel Adams NEIPA with my IG-TV post SiscoVanilla Had a Samuel Adams NEIPA 10-03-2019. Clocking in at 6.8% ABV and a 35 IBU I found the NEIPA to be a bit too hoppy for me though I liked the juicy feel of it on the palate. I found it to be fruity and very tasty, which nails Bernstein's description. And as you can see from the picture, Baybee was feeling himself some of the Samuel Adams NEIPA can. Maybe he likes them hoppier than I do. 😹😜😹


I look forward to trying some of the other IPA varieties in the near future. Any recommendations? Hit me up and let me know which ones I should try next.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaHasABrewski
#SiscoVanillaBeerChronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment