Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Stella

A few weeks ago Momma-San and I had Ju and Stella over and after a few cocktails I decided to try and come up with something new. I looked at the samples I had and figured that present company would like something sweet. I decided to use the following ingredients: Domaine De Canton, Xanté Pear Brandy, Triple Sec, Lemonade and Grenadine. Now I figured that it would be sweet and luckily that I chose the ratio of alcohol that I did. Here is how the cocktail broke down:
The Stella
1oz Domaine de Canton
.25oz Xanté Pear Brandy
.5oz Triple Sec
1oz lemonade
.5oz Rose's lime juice
.25oz Grenadine

Mix all ingredients (except Grenadine) in an ice filled shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into chilled cocktail glass. Slowly pour the Grenadine along the inside of the glass.

I'll be honest, I wasn't totally sure how the cocktail was going to end up especially with the Grenadine. As you can see from the picture, the Grenadine being heavier than the cocktail, settled down to the bottom creating a gradient effect of yellow and red in the glass.

I'm also glad that I used such a small amount of the Xanté. Xanté is a pear infused Brandy and even with the small amount I used, it over powered the cocktail in aroma and taste. Thanks to the Grenadine the cocktail definitely got sweeter as you got further down the glass.

When I asked the ladies what I should call the cocktail, Ju suggested we name it after Stella, hence the Stella was born.


If you happen to make one, let me know what you think of it.

Until Then Happy Drinking
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment