Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Stupid Cupid

Many of you know that I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day. But for the sake of cocktails, its a good day to make a specialty cocktail. For this one I wanted to make something pink with a hint of berries and chocolate. Once it was made I asked these two lovely ladies what it should be called. They decided on the Stupid Cupid. Here goes the recipe:

The Stupid Cupid
1.5oz Vodka (I used Stolichnaya)
1oz White Cream de Cacao
.5oz Cream de Cassis
.5oz Half and Half
Splash of Chambord

Build over ice, shake vigorously and double strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

I found this cocktail to be sweet but as the ladies who named it described it as being a cross between a milkshake and a dessert. I believe that it is the kind of cocktails that the ladies would love on a festive day like Valentine's Day. Personally, what I think the cocktail needed was some shaved white and/or milk chocolate over the top.

Let me know what you gals and guys think. Suggestions?

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

1 comment:

  1. Just made this at my bar, it's lush, added a touch of monin strawberry though just for taste, thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete