Friday, June 14, 2013

Cherry Kijafa and Jermaine Stewart

Now this is a very obscure post.

I came across the following picture on my online travels and the title caught my eye: "Cherry Kijafa from Denmark: We think the world is ripe for it". Now I'm not sure when the ad is from but it seems from the late 1970's and/or early 1980's. What is Cherry Kijafa?

As per the ad:
Celebrate with Cherry Kijafa. The wine specialty made with Danish cherry wine and delicious natural flavors...Give it to good friends or to yourself
Ok. Can't say I've ever given any cherry wine to my good friends or bad friends for that matter and I sure as hell have never had any of it myself. I searched around for a review on the Cherry Kijafa and came across a post by T&T's Bad Booze Review. In their post for Cherry Kijafa they were brave enough to sample the cherry wine neat, on the rocks and with a assortment of soft drinks. T&T's Bad Booze Review's diva Tucker Cummings describes the Cherry Kijafa as: "It feels very smooth in the mouth." Very Nice.

Here is the video of their review:


Now why do I mention Jermaine Stewart? Well in his only hit song "We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off" he describes that they can have a good time without taking their clothes off while dancing all night and drink some cherry wine. I always wondered what in Sam Hill cherry wine was. Now I can cross it off the bucket list. Whew.

Here's the video by Mr. Stewart. Enjoy:


Ever have any Cherry Kijafa? If so, let me know. I wonder if my friend Will Gordon has tried it. If anyone has, he would be the one.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment