Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Liquid Cocaine Cocktail

Don't hold the title against me folks. I didn't invent this cocktail. I can't even tell you who invented it or why it was invented. But there is a funny story behind it. My friend Ellie recently had her debut at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club and after a successful set, she sat down with friends and ordered herself a Liquid Cocaine cocktail. At this point things take a comedic turn (no pun intended). Here is the dialogue that Ellie says took place.
Conversation with waiter last night after being served "liquid cocaine":
waiter: how was it?
me (Ellie): awful. it sucks hairy balls and dingleberries.
(time lapses)
Rosa Margarita: we want to order another round.
Waiter: No. I am cutting you guys off.
All: What? Why?
Waiter: (pointing at me) She's being belligerent.
Me (Ellie): Huh?
My friends: How is she being belligerent?
Waiter: She said dingleberry.
Me (Ellie): You're kicking us out because I said dingleberry?
waiter: yes.
____________________
"And I am glad I had a table full of people that can vouch that this shit really happened to me."
NICE!!!! Damn I wish I was in Hollywood to have seen that exchange. Since they were cut off, Ellie and friends just took their business elsewhere. Keep in mind, Ellie had just done a set there. Talk about not having a sense of humor folks. Sounds like Ellie has new material to work with. But on to the cocktail in question.

From what I can find in my research, there are two popular versions of the Liquid Cocaine. One can be found on the Common Man Cocktails YouTube channel.

Here is the recipe for the Liquid Cocaine:
Liquid Cocaine #1
1/2 oz. Dark Rum
1/2 oz. Jagermeister
1/2 oz. Goldschlager
1/2 oz. Rumple Minze 
Pour into a ice filled cocktail shaker. Shake and serve over ice. 
On a side note, why would you ruin the Bacardi 8 in this drink. Really now. In this drink any dark rum would work. Just use Bacardi gold.  Anyway, here is the video on the Liquid Cocaine:



The second recipe I came across calls for the Liquid Cocaine to be made in the following manner:
Liquid Cocaine #2
1-part Grand Marnier
1-part Southern Comfort
1-part Vodka
1-part Amaretto
Splash of Pineapple
Dash of grenadine
Build and shake in an ice filled shaker. Pour over ice or in shot glasses.
Apparently the second cocktail is popular in South Dakota. Why? I have no clue. A person who commented on the video for the first version said so. Since it isn't that important to me, I'll take his word for it. Either recipe might work as a shooter. But drinking these over the period of a night will definitely give you the nastiest sugar hangover in the morning plus as Wilford Brimley says:


At the age of 43, I can't deal with those any longer.

More importantly, kudos to my friend Ellie on her kickass turn to stand-up comedy. You've never ceased to amaze me before and you sure as hell haven't stopped now. Keep rocking on like the rockstar that you are. Cheers!!!!

Until Then Happy Drinking,
SiscoVanilla
#siscovanilla
#siscovanillaatthemovies


No comments:

Post a Comment