Sunday, April 29, 2018

Liquor Ads From the New York Times April 28, 1959 Part III April 29, 2018



Welcome back peeps to another installment of Liquor Ads from the April 28, 1959 edition of the New York Times. This post has to do with a particular scotch whisky that I have to say I have never heard about nor can I find any real information on it on the internet.


The ad is for Martin's V.V.O Scotch Whisky and is dubbed "The Happiest Scotch." There's a dapper Scotsman rocking a nice big Kool-Aid smile while undoubtedly holding a tall glass of Martin's V.V.O on the rocks or a scotch and soda with the aforementioned Martin's V.V.O.

A basic search online tells me that Martin's V.V.O. was an 8-year old Blended Scotch Whisky and was 86 proof. Searching on the NYPL What's on the Menu website, results in 11 hits with the oldest being from a Cotton Club menu from 1938. And that's about it.

So here is my query for you faithful scotch drinkers and aficionados online. Can anyone shed any light on this particular scotch for your humble narrator? Any info would be appreciated in order to quench my curiosity.

Here is an image of the bottle from around the early 1960's:


I await your answers with baited breath.


Until Then Happy Drinking,
SiscoVanilla

#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaAtTheMovies
#SiscoVanillaAtTheBookstore
#SiscoVanillaisStepping

No comments:

Post a Comment