Friday, July 27, 2018

SiscoVanilla Visits The Hangover Takeover July 27, 2018

Last night I had the honor and the privilege to be a guest on the Hangover Takeover podcast. Like any good guest I did not show up empty handed. For the occasion I whipped up a batch of my Blueberry Pomegranate Green Iced Tea Lemon/Limeade with Redemption Rye Whiskey which from now on will be known as The Hangover Takeover.


In order to make the non alcoholic portion of the cocktail, I cobbled together three separate beverages. First I used the remainder of the lemon/limeaid that I had made for the 4th of July. The recipe for the Lemon/Limeade can be found in the post Homemade Arnold Palmer July 5, 2018 from my other blog SiscoVanilla Hits The Bricks. To that I added a Pomegranate Green iced tea that I had made a couple days ago. The tea is made by the Brew la la Tea company.
And the night before made a Blueberry simple syrup for some extra coloring.

For the blueberry simple syrup, I used 1/8 of a cup of Brown sugar, one cup of water and a couple handfuls of blueberries. I put the berries, water and brown sugar in a small saucepan, set to a boil and then let simmer under low heat for about 10 minutes while mashing the blueberries into the simple syrup. I then strained the blueberry simple syrup through a metal strainer and continue to mash the remaining blueberries to get whatever juice was left. I set it aside to cool. After cooking sufficiently. I added the Blueberry Simple Syrup to equal portions of the Pomegranate green iced tea and the Lemon/Limeade.


In building the cocktail, I used a 2.5 to 1 ratio of the Blueberry Pomegranate Green Iced Tea Lemon/Limeade to Rye Whiskey. If you want to make it not as strong on the Rye Whiskey portion, increase the ratio to either 3:1 or even 4:1. Gypsy and Juju loved it as I made it with the ratio of 2.5 to 1. But what do I think of it?

I love the color of the cocktail and the spiciness that the Redemption Rye Whiskey brings to the table. It wasn't too sweet, so I'm glad that I didn't use a 1:1 ratio of brown sugar/water in my Blueberry simple syrup. The 1/8 of a cup was just enough to accompany the already sweetened lemon/limeade. This is definitely a pleasurable sipper to enjoy by the grill or next to the pool.

Check out the quick video I did describing the cocktail:


I'm going to see if I whip up some more of the non-alcoholic part of the cocktail to sell at Finn's Corner as a special cocktail. Which by the way you can find me there every Tuesday night from 4pm onwards. I know, it's a cheap plug and pop and all but just like WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley, I'm not above fishing for the cheap pop.


And I definitely need to make some more for the fine folks at the Hangover Takeover.

Which by the way, I had a BLAST with them last night. Give them a follow both on Facebook: The Hangover Takeover , on Instagram: The Hangover Takeover and you can listen to their many podcasts on Soundcloud: The Hangover Takeover.

Here is the video of last night's podcast:



Thanks to everyone who tuned in and gave their comments on the chat room. Much love to you all.

The next post will highlight a blend of this alter-ego and my BaseballSisco alter-ego in the form of a cocktail that I also spoke about on the Hangover Takeover named The Ted Williams. Keep an eye out for it.

Until Then, Keep Drinking,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks
#SiscoVanillaAtTheMovies

No comments:

Post a Comment