Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Sometimes We As Bartenders Just Need to Listen July 25, 2018

Sometimes we have a rocking and rolling good time while behind the sticks. But sometimes we to be just like Joe in the song One for my Baby.


Don't know it? Here are the lyrics:
It's quarter to three, there's no one in the place cept you and me
So set em up joe I got a little story I think you oughtta know
Were drinking my friend to the end of a brief episode
So make it one for my baby and one more for the road
I know the routine put another nickel in that there machine
I'm feeling so bad wont you make the music easy and sad
I could tell you a lot but you gotta to be true to your code
So make it one for my baby and one more for the road
You'd never know it but buddy I'm a kind of poet
And I've got a lot of things I wanna say
And if I'm gloomy, please listen to me
Till it's all, all talked away
Well, that's how it goes and joe I know you're gettin anxious to close
So thanks for the cheer I hope you didn't mind my bending your ear
But this torch that I found its gotta be drowned
Or it soon might explode so make it one for my baby and one more for the road
Songwriters: Harold Arlen / Johnny Mercer
My favorite version is the one sung by Frank Sinatra. Here is the video for the song.


We all have those moments when the night is getting late and right before closing time you have that one customer who walks in and just needs someone to talk to. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise. That is why we are there. It doesn't matter how pretty a cocktail you can make with all the bells and whistles. If you can't just stand there and let a customer chew an ear off, then you aren't doing your job. Plain and simple.

We all need someone to talk to. Your local barkeep is often times the right person for you to do that with.

Agree? Disagree? Let me know what you think.

Until Then Keep Drinking,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks
#SiscoVanillaAtTheMovies

No comments:

Post a Comment