Saturday, October 5, 2019

Gun Hill Brewing Company Part II October 5, 2019

Hey Peeps!!! Sorry for getting sidetracked with getting back to my post on my visit to the Gun Hill Brewing Company. I got lost down the internet rabbit holes with the vintage beer ads in the posts
Schaefer Beer Vintage Celebrity Ads September 29, 2019 and Blatz Beer Vintage Beer Ads September 30, 2019. But no need to fret true believers, here goes the second part of the brewery visit.

When I left off from my post Gun Hill Brewing Company Part I September 27, 2019 I said that I tried three of Gun Hill Brewing Company's brews:the Broadway Boogie American Amber Ale, the Spirit 76 American Pilsner and Tried & True a Festbier.


The Broadway Boogie American Amber Ale clocks in at a 5.0% ABV (IBU not listed) and has a beautiful amber color. The malt is prevalent in this beer and it is not too heavy in body and is not very hoppy in flavor. Aside from the malty flavor, the beer is slightly sweet and is very pleasant. Check out my video review from my IG-TV channel: SiscoVanilla Has a Gunhill Brewery Broadway Boogie Amber Ale 09-23-2019.

Next was the Spirit 76 American Pilsner. The Spirit 76 clocks in at 4.5% ABV (IBU not listed) and has a beautiful golden color. I found it to be very crisp and clean with a nice body, unlike what you would find from a mass market beer pilsner. It has a nice hoppy note on the palate, not too overbearing. It is a very nice pilsner. Check out my video review from my IG-TV channel: SiscoVanilla Has a Gunhill Brewery Spirit 76 American Pilsner 09-23-2019.

The final beer that I had at the Gun Hill Brewing Company was their Tried & True Festbier. For those of who aren't familiar with the Festbier let me shed some light for you on this German style lager. According to the post Festbier: The Modern Day Oktoberfest Beer by Nick Carr from the Kegerator.com dated September 30, 2016:
Festbier, sometimes called Wiesn, Festibiere or Oktoberfestbier — a name that can only be used by Breweries in Munich — has taken the place of Marzën in the beer tents dotting the Theresienwiese (Therese’s meadow) in Munich during the two week Oktoberfest celebration. It is a relatively young, and mostly unknown, style here in the United States. But it isn’t the first change to the beer lineup of Oktoberfest.
As per the story, the popular Oktoberfest beer, the Marzën was deemed a bit too heavy for all day drinking and merriment that is found at Oktoberfest celebrations. So a newer beer was introduced at the festivites: The Festbier. Since 1990, it is the only beer found at the Munich Oktoberfest celebration.

The Tried & True Festbier clocks in at 5.6% ABV (IBU not listed) and is a nice golen colored beer. I can see how this type of beer replaced the Marzën. It still has a bit of a malty profile but it is a crisper and lighter beer compared to a Marzën. It does have a slight bitter back but it is not unpleasant in the least. Check out my video review from my IG-TV channel: SiscoVanilla Has the Gunhill Brewery Tried and True Bierfest 09-23-2019. 

I'm working on doing a return trip to the Gun Hill Brewing Company in the near future. Anyone down to join me? Hit me up and let me know. I'm down for company. 

Unitl Then Happy Drinking,
SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaHasABrewski
#SiscoVanillaBeerChronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment