Friday, April 12, 2013

A Return to the Dark ‘n Stormy

Back in May of 2012, my first post on a cocktail was on a Dark and Stormy that I had made illegally. Why illegally? Refer back to the article by Jonathan Miles entitled The Right Stuff (by Law) dated July 2, 2009 to see why. Let's just say that making Dark 'n' Stormy with the wrong ingredients makes a helluva difference. Where I found the cocktail made with the Cruzan Black Strap Rum and the Citadedelle "Taste of the Islands" Ginger Beer to be interesting (and way too sweet), I decided that I needed to have an official Dark 'n Stormy.

We recently started carrying Gosling's Black Seal Rum and Gosling's Ginger Beer here at The Bleecker Street Bar for the upcoming Spring and Summer Seasons. To see how its made, just watch the CEO of Gosling's make the cocktail:



So what do I think of it? It is a much smoother cocktail than the one I made in May. It is actually quite sublime in its flavor. The Gosling's is not a thick as the Cruzan Black Strap was and though the Gosling's Ginger Beer had a similar sugar content as the Citadedelle Ginger Beer, the cocktail wasn't overpowering in the least. The ginger beer left a nice little tingle after the cocktail was done.

I really must say that if the recipe calls for Gosling's. Make it with Gosling's all around. So go out and have yourself Bermuda's National Drink.

Until Then, Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment