Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Rampart

Since I referenced Jack Daniel's Honey in my last post The Lemon Stag, it provides the perfect segue into this cocktail The Rampart. This past 4th of July, one of our regulars Joel asked me to make him a specialty cocktail. Now Joel loves doing chilled shots of Jack Daniel's Honey (ugh) so I decided to come up with a cocktail containing Honey Jack. Here is what I came up with:
The Rampart
2oz (60ml) Jack Daniel's Honey
.5oz (15ml) Grand Marnier
.5oz (15ml) Fresh Lime Juice
Club Soda

In an ice filled pint glass, build Jack Daniel's Honey, Grand Marnier and Fresh Lime Juice. Shake and top with club soda.
I was looking for something refreshing, akin to a Collins-type cocktail. As you can see by my comment above, I'm not a particular fan of the Jack Daniel's Honey but blended with the Grand Marnier, Lime Juice and the club soda it was quite pleasurable. Very refreshing on a hot summer's night.

Where did the name come from? I asked Joel to name the cocktail and since it was the 4th of July, he decided to call it the Rampart in honor of the fireworks up above. And for the record, he liked it. Thanks Joel.

So there you have it. Enjoy the Rampart if you get the chance.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment