Friday, January 31, 2014

Shōga Mitsubachi Hiza aka The Ginger Bees Knees

In my last post I wrote about the old school Roaring 20's cocktail known as The Bees Knees. Now I wouldn't be me if I didn't try and make my own variation of the Bees Knees. Since I have a bottle of the Bombay Sapphire East Asia Gin that I have been playing around with as of late, I've decided to use that Gin rather than the Bombay Sapphire. I also substituted your standard Honey Syrup with a Ginger Infused Honey Syrup that I've been fooling around with. I've decided to name the cocktail the Shōga Mitsubachi Hiza which literally translates to Ginger Bees Knees in Japanese (East Asia Gin. Get it?). Here is that recipe:
Shōga Mitsubachi Hiza (生姜ミツバチ膝) aka Ginger Bees Knees
2oz Bombay Sapphire East Asia Gin
0.5 oz of Fresh Lemon Juice
0.5 oz of Fresh Orange Juice
0.75oz of Ginger Infused Honey Syrup

Build over ice in shaker, double strain into a champagne glass.
The spiciness from the ginger coupled with the extra kick of the Bombay Sapphire East Asia Gin gives this cocktail a little more complexity than your standard Bees Knees cocktail. This might be my go to drink whenever I have company come over. Give it a try. Let me know what you think.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla
#siscovanilla
#siscovanillaatthemovies

No comments:

Post a Comment