Sunday, July 6, 2014

Louis Armstrong aka Satchmo (1901-1971)

Since today is the anniversary of the great Louis Armstrong's passing, just wanted to post a drink that I had a this past May at the Peacock Alley Restaurant at the Waldorf Astoria (301 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10022 (212) 872-1275) called the Satchmo at the Waldorf.
Satchmo at the Waldorf
Smith & Cross Navy Strength Rum 
Lustau Oloroso Sherry 
Lemon Juice 
Pineapple Juice 
Allagash White Beer
To be perfectly honest, I wish I could say that I remember the nuances and intricacies of this cocktail. But it was near the end of the Mother's Day/Anniversary dinner that I had with Momma-San, so details are a bit fuzzy.

Referring to my very brief notes that I took that night, I found that the cocktail had a bitter but pleasurable profile to it. I also said that it was very "Oaky". Well alrighty then. LOL. Here is the Satchmo at the Waldorf. May You Continue to Rest in Peace and play that jazzy music up in the heavens Satchmo.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
SiscoVanilla
#siscovanilla
#siscovanillaatthemovies

No comments:

Post a Comment