Friday, September 21, 2012

The Ginger Smash

Sorry for the delay with the posts folks but life sometimes has a way of getting annoying where posting gets derailed. I'll do my best to get caught up with the five or six drafts that I have sitting here. For now, I wanted to profile a cocktail that has become one of my new favorites: The Ginger Smash.

I saw a tweet dated September 7th from @DomaineDeCanton which stated the following:

Kick start your weekend with a Ginger Smash! 1.5oz Domaine de Canton 1oz Bourbon Juice of 3 lemon wedges http://fb.me/1PbLAf3iL
Since I had that bottle of Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur sitting in my home bar (courtesy of Joel and Peggy) I decided to make the Ginger Smash. For those of you who are unsure what Domaine De Canton is, refer to my blogpost from June 28th entitled Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur for more information. So here is how I made it:
The Ginger Smash
1.5oz Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
1oz of Jim Beam Bourbon
Juice of 3 lemon wedges

Build over ice, shake vigorously and pour into chilled cocktail glass.
This is one strong but tasty cocktail folks. I like how the bourbon and the sweetness of the Domaine de Canton mix together. The bourbon tends to neutralize the sweetness of the Domaine de Canton and the lemon juice gives it a slight underlying tartness. For as strong as it is, I find that it is hard for me not to slurp it down on a gulp or two and work on the next one. Doing so would cause me to get lit up nice and quick. To the point that I finished off my bottle of Jim Beam in the last Ginger Smash cocktail I made and need to buy another one. LOL.

Life is about simple pleasures folks, and this cocktail is one of them.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment