Saturday, October 5, 2013

GMT Punch at the GMT Tavern

In my last post about the GMT Tavern, I highlighted the Southside cocktail which contained Plymouth Gin, Elderflower liqueur, lime juice and fresh mint. For my second cocktail, I wanted something a bit different but keeping with Gin as the main spirit. I asked the bartender for a recommendation and she came up with the GMT Punch.
GMT Punch
Beefeater Dry Gin
Pimms
Fresh Lemon Juice
Ginger Ale
Seasonal Fruit
I had previously had a good experience with Pimms in the Pimms Rangoon cocktail that I had at The Monkey Bar in May. This one didn't disappoint. I found this cocktail to be very light and refreshing. The ginger ale gives the punch a nice effervescence and the fruit selection of strawberries and lemon with cucumber and mint compliment the fruity taste of the Pimms.

A pitcher of these on an indian summer day like the one we are experiencing today would be quite pleasing. Make sure to head to GMT Tavern for one before they change their cocktail menu for the upcoming Fall and Winter seasons.

For my next post I highlight arguably the best tasting and smoothest tequila I've ever had: Tequila Clase Azul.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment