Wednesday, April 25, 2018

SiscoVanilla Drinks The Grumpier Old Man April 25,2018

As I mentioned in my last post SiscoVanilla Drinks The Grumpy Old Man, the author of the Old Man Drinks book Robert Schnakenberg recommends the following tweak to the Grumpy Old Man Cocktail:

Most recipes suggest you ratchet up the decrepitude even further by using Old Grand-Dad high-proof bourbon. Swap in some sour mix for the ginger ale, and you've got yourself a Grumpier Old Man. Come to think of it, that much sour mix would make a young man grumpy, too.

That's exactly what I did. So here is a bonus drink from the Old Man Drinks Cocktail Challenge:

👴 Grumpier Old Man ðŸ‘´

2oz Old Grand-Dad 100 Proof Bourbon
1oz Fresh Lime Juice
Sour Mix Top

Pour Bourbon over ice in old fashioned glass. Add lime juice and top with sour mix.


Before I go into what I thought of the drink, Finn's Corner (660 Washington Avenue, corner of Bergen Street, Brooklyn NY 347-663-9316) carries the 100 proof Old Grand-Dad Bourbon as opposed to the 114 proof Old Grand-Dad. Now I'm not sure if the extra overproof would have made any difference in my POV, but for the purposes of transparency just wanted to be clear on which Old Grand-Dad we used.  On to the Grumpier Old Man.

Whomever came up with the idea to "ratchet up the decrepitude even further" is one sick puppy. Where I found the Grumpy Old Man cocktail to be quite palatable, this drinks was as puckered as the prickly old dude from Monster House. 


And that's saying something since I actually don't mind a tart cocktail. But this was just torturous. Don't believe me? Check out my YouTube video SiscoVanilla Drinks A Grumpier Old Man 04/24/2018 I think the look on my face speaks for itself. LOL.


I won't be trying that cocktail again. The Grumpy Old Man, yes. No need to get any Grumpier.

I won't be working at Finn's Corner next week. I'll be hopefully be doing some networking at a book release party. Let's see how that goes. 

Until Then Happy Drinking,

SiscoVanilla

#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaAtTheMovies
#SiscoVanillaAtTheBookstore
#SiscoVanillaisStepping

No comments:

Post a Comment