Wednesday, April 18, 2018

What is Bärenjäger Honey & Pear Liqueur

I was rummaging through the liquor cabinet at Finn's Corner (660 Washington Avenue, corner of Bergen Street, Brooklyn NY 347-663-9316) and came across an interesting looking bottle of Bärenjäger Honey & Pear Liqueur. Immediately I knew who this bottle was for. And after reading the description of what the history of Bärenjäger is, it definitely was apropos. 


For those of you who don't know, Bärenjäger is a German made Honey Liqueur. The name for this liqueur was originally Bärenfang, which translates literally to Bear Trap. Later changed to the now named Bärenjäger (Bear Hunter), the liqueur was made with honey with the intent purpose to lure bears out of their dens by hunters in medieval Germany. And to be sure, I know of a bear of a guy that will be lured to come out to Finn's in Brooklyn for a taste or two of the Bärenjäger Honey & Pear Liqueur, LOL. 

The Bärenjäger line was expanded in 2013 to include the aforementioned Honey & Pear Liqueur. and a Honey and Tea Liqueur. On the website there is a Honey and Bourbon liqueur which debuted in 2012. The Pear and Tea versions aren't listed which leads me to believe that they are discontinued. But on to the bottle at hand.

The Bärenjäger Honey & Pear Liqueur has a beautiful golden color and according to the website, each bottle of the original Bärenjäger Honey Liqueur contains 225g of Mexican honey in each 750ml bottle. The Honey and Pear version also contains a Williams Pear Brandy also known as eau-de-vie. If I'm not mistaken, I received a small bottle of Williams Pear Brandy from someone a few years back after a trip to Berlin. I need to see if I still have that little bottle. But I digress. 

Now to be honest, I've never had any of the Bärenjäger liqueurs. So I was wondering if the Bärenjäger Honey & Pear Liqueur was similar in consistency to Jägermeister. Now remember I said consistency, not flavor. Here is what I thought below in my video: SiscoVanilla Has a Taste of Bärenjäger Honey and Pear 04/17/2018


To be honest, I actually like it. It has a nice zing to it. I don't find it overly sweet. Its quite pleasurable. As I state in the video I can see this being used in a Hot Toddy/Hot cocktail of sorts. I'll also sit back and think about other ways I can use the Bärenjäger Honey & Pear Liqueur in other cocktail offerings.


Any ideas? Suggestions? Always look forward to hearing from you fine gals and guys. Follow me at my Instagram @SiscoVanilla, my YouTube Channel SiscoVanilla, my Twitter @SiscoVanilla and my Facebook page SiscoVanilla. See you next Tuesday at Finn's.


Until Then Happy Drinking,
SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaAtTheMovies
#SiscoVanillaAtTheBookstore
#SiscoVanillaisStepping





No comments:

Post a Comment