Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Liquor Ads From the New York Times April 28, 1959 Part III.5

A quick update to my post on Martin's V.V.O. Scotch Whisky. As I had stated in that post, I really couldn't find much information on this particular brand past an image on the bottle and the age statement. Very often we hear about the negative impact social media. But sometimes social media really does work in a positive way, especially when it comes to information.

Since I couldn't find any information on the Martin's V.V.O., I decided to put my post on a number of different whisky pages. And I got the following information for Martin's V.V.O. from Billy on the #Whiskyfabric Facebook group. Billy was kind enough to send me two screenshots from the Schweppes Guide to Scotch by Philip Morrice.


For those of you who hadn't heard of the Schweppes Guide to Scotch by Philip
Morrice, this book was printed in 1983 and according to the Whisky Exchange website:
The Schweppes Guide to Scotch was a 1983 publication written by Phillip Morrice. Detailing the industry at that time, it contains details of the companies operating at the time and their brands. History and production information is included too. A book that was considered to have been well ahead of its time.
Billy recommended that I should get one since they are relative easy to find second hand. I did just that. I ordered one from Amazon and paid less than $8.00 for it including shipping. So not only did I get needed information on the Martin's V.V.O. Scotch whisky, but I also got a heads up on what I believe will be a valuable resource in my research. Thanks Billy for all your help.

Can't wait for the book to arrive.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
SiscoVanilla

#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaAtTheMovies
#SiscoVanillaAtTheBookstore
#SiscoVanillaisStepping

No comments:

Post a Comment