Sunday, July 22, 2012

Strawberry Infused Vodka Cocktails

Today is the day that I decided to debut the Strawberry vodka. After about a month and a half of infusion, sitting and settling I've come up with two simple cocktails in which to use my mad scientist creation. At first smell, the vodka has a medium Strawberry aroma and at first taste the Strawberry flavor is prevalent though a bit to subtle for my expectations. Perhaps I thought that the vodka would be inundated with the Strawberry flavors like my Raspberry infused vodka was.

For the first drink I kept it basic.
Strawberry and Soda
2oz Strawberry Infused Vodka
Club Soda to Fill
Splash of Diet 7-up

Build over ice.
Very simple. The drink has a subtle red hue to it. The vodka just blends in with the soda and diet 7-up. Sneaking up on you as you finish your sip. Its not a strong drink in the least and I think that is why I like it. Its not heavy or harsh in the least.

For the second one I decided to make something a bit more flashy and fanciful. For this one I tried to steer away from using a sweet and sour as the non alcoholic base. As you'll see with the following recipe, I wasn't going for something that was overpowered by sweetness. Here goes:
La Fresa Fresca
4oz of Strawberry Infused Vodka
.5oz of Triple Sec
.5oz of Organic Coconut Water
1.5oz of Cranberry Juice

Build over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously until very cold. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Since I was going for something that wasn't very sweet I think I hit the nail on the head. It has a very pretty red color (aided by the Cranberry juice) and has just the right amount of tartness (again thanks to the Cranberry juice) and sweetness (from the triple sec and coconut water). The Strawberry flavor is mingling nicely with the other ingredients. Someone who expects something sweeter might be put off by this cocktail.


Maybe I need to play around with adding and muddling some fresh fruit to these types of cocktails. I guess that's something I can do for another day. Any suggestions?

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment