Monday, October 29, 2012

Adult Arnold Palmer aka Sweet Tea Palmetto

I decided that since I'd be home for a few extra days due to Hurricane Sandy that I would try something new in terms of spirits. I've had my eye on the Seagram's Sweet Tea Vodka for some time now and decided to finally pick up a small bottle. I have to say that I am not disappointed. Here is how the Seagram's Sweet Tea Vodka website describes the Sweet Tea Vodka:
Seagram's Sweet Tea combines all the charm and refreshing sweetness of Southern sweet tea with five-times distilled premium vodka making a highly mixable spirit that has the potential to turn any night into a hot Southern night.
I found that straight up it tasted somewhat "herbally" but actually quite tasty. It did remind me of the Southern style Sweet Teas that I have had in the past though Momma-San found it to be too strong for her straight up. Naturally, to make it more palatable for her, I thought about what does well with Sweet tea and so I decided to come up with what I called an Adult Arnold Palmer. The Arnold Palmer is Iced Tea mixed with Lemonade named after famed golfer Arnold Palmer. The recipe sheet calls a similar version of this cocktail the Sweet Tea Palmetto. Here is how they list the recipe:
Sweet Tea Palmetto
1 ½ oz. Seagram’s Sweet Tea
3 oz. Lemonade

Mix together in a cocktail glass and garnish with a lemon wedge.
My version was a bit stronger since I used 2oz. of Sweet Tea Vodka and 3oz. of Lemonade. I found that the addition of the Lemonade helps to quell some of the herbal taste of the sweet tea while not making it too sweet.

I can see this cocktail not lasting too long, especially on a warm summers night. Well in this case awaiting the arrival of that sassy lassie Ms. Sandy. Be safe out there.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment