Monday, October 1, 2012

Black Plum Infused Vodka Part II

Since the weather is getting cooler, the leaves more colorful and the days shorter it can only mean that Fall is on its way and Summer on its way out. I've been asking people their opinion on what flavors they feel embody the spirit of Autumn and Marta peeked my curiosity with one of her answers. She tells me that plums are an Autumnal fruit. In Poland, their peak growing season is from Late-Summer to Early-Fall. Funny she should mention that, I have a Black Plum Infused Vodka that I have been working on since the middle of August. Now I'm not sure if black plums are autumnal per-se but in this case, a plum is a plum is a plum. To see what other infusions I have in the works, click on the following link: New Round of Infusions.

The vodka has taken on a nice brown/amber color and is a little aromatic. Now I could do something with it right now but it doesn't come off as quite an Autumnal infusion. I rummage around my spice cabinet and decide that I'm going to further infuse the Black Plum Vodka. As you see from the picture, I've decided to add two whole Cinnamon sticks and one whole Bourbon Vanilla bean (sliced down the middle). Back in the cabinet it goes.

I think I might want to add a few more spices to the mix. Any suggestions?

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment