Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Pour It Authority at Whole Foods 365 August 28, 2019

For over a year now I've been walking by the Whole Foods 365 at Fort Greene (292 Ashland Pl, Brooklyn, NY 11217) and I've noticed the sign for something called the Pour It Authority. Now I wasn't sure if this was a place to fill up Growlers with beer to take to go. I remember at one point Duane Reade was selling beer to go via Growlers but that trend seemed to disappear rather quickly at places like Duane Reade. Any of you have a favorite place to fill Growlers? If so, hit me up. But I digress, back to the Pour It Authority.


Since I had a few minutes to spare before having to go to work, I decided to be nosy and pop in and see what the Pour It Authority is all about. See what I do for you guys in the name of research 🤣🤣🤣 Here's what I found out.
 
Along the wall there are 12 taps that dispense beer, hard cider and wine. 


What you have to do (after you show your ID), is get a refillable card from the counter and put some money on it. The card explains how things work.



After you have some $$ on the card, you grab a glass of the shelf. You take the card, place it on the sensor of the beer, cider or wine that you would like and then you pour yourself some liquid goodness. The sensor takes off the amount that you are charged by the ounces you've poured. You remove your card and enjoy your drink. Pretty simple, no? Here is their sign on how it works.  



Each screen has a description of which beer, cider or wine is available with the name of the manufacturer and its respective ABV (Alcohol by volume) percentage. 


I find it to be rather economical. The beer is about .35 to .50 cents an ounce while the hard cider is .50 cents an ounce and wine $1.00 an ounce. And since you pour how much you want, if you don't want a full pint, you don't have to have a full pint. So for my purposes, where I just want to taste a beer for reviewing, this set up is pretty cool. These are the current beers that are available for purchase:
  • Stella Artois Euro Lager 5.0 ABV
  • Collective Arts Surround Sound DDH DIPA American Imperial IPA 8.2 ABV
  • Bell's Nrewery Oberon American Pale Wheat 5.8 ABV
  • Narragansett Del's Shandy 4.7 ABV
  • LIC Beer Higher Burnin' American IPA 7.0 ABV
  • Sixpoint Citrus Jammer Gose 4.0 ABV
  • Barrier Brewing Co. Lomax American IPA 5.8 ABV
  • Wolffer No. 139 Dry Rosé Cider 6.9 ABV

They have tables where you can sit. You can also stand at high tables. I'm unsure if you can walk around with your beer in the store which is downstairs. But if you just want a quick brew before shopping or while waiting for someone, this is a pretty cool option. 

Well, I guess I have some "research" to do 🤣🤣🤣 I'll let you know which beers I've tasted and report back to you in the posts to come. 

Until The. Happy Drinking,
SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaHasABrewski
#SiscoVanillaBeerChronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment