Wednesday, August 14, 2019

The Spaghett aka The Divey Aperol Spritz at Finns Corner August 14, 2019

I love it when friends come across booze and beer articles that they think I would find interesting. Sommelier extraordinaire Karly sent me a link to an article from Bon Appetite Magazine entitled It’s Called Spaghett and It’s Now My Favorite Summer Cocktail. The article is written by Alex Delany and is part of Bon Appetite's Highly Recommended column. After reading it all I could respond was "Wow." So you might be wondering to yourselves: What is the Spaghett?

A bar in Baltimore, Maryland called Wet City Brewing has an interesting drink made with an ounce of Aperol poured into a Miller High Life and lemon juice added to the mix. How does that sound to you peeps. The author of the article describes it as so:
I ordered it based on the name alone. How could you not!?! Spaghetti without the eeee?!?
Truly, I’m thankful I did, because this cocktail has become my official drink of summer. It’s got just three ingredients—Miller High Life, Aperol, and lemon juice—and had all the characteristics I was looking for without my even knowing it: light, fruity, slightly bitter, and just tart enough to lead you back for another sip.
Karly came in yesterday to Finn's Corner and asked me to make her a Spaghett. After taking the obligatory pics, she gave it a whirl. 


This is what she said
"Its Fucking delicious. Takes the maltiess away of the Hi-Life. It's a Divey Aperol Spritz!!!"
Though I'm not drinking hard liquor, I had a little itty bitty taste of the Spaghett and have to say that it was tasty. Not as bitter as I would have thought it was. It had just enough bitterness of the Aperol at the back end. The key I believing is having the beer super cold. 

So peeps, please keep sending me any articles you come across. I love to experiment when behind the bar. Please let me know what you like when you come in to visit the bar. I'm behind the stick on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. So roll through.

The next post will be a favorite of my friend Liam called the Ferrari. Vroom vroom.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaHasABrewski
#SiscoVanillaBeerChronicles


No comments:

Post a Comment