Friday, June 29, 2012

Agave Margarita

I picked up a bottle of Agave Nectar the other day and wanted to make something that would compliment the nectar. I decided that I would keep it within the agave/tequila family. what better than a Margarita. Here's what I came up with:

Agave Margarita
1.5oz Sauza Tequila Blanco
1oz Homemade Sweet and Sour
.5oz Agave Nectar
.5oz Triple Sec
Splash of Orange juice

Directions:
Fill a glass with ice. Add the tequila, sweet and sour, agave nectar, triple sec and orange juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.

Shake vigorously and strain into the prepared glass. Garnish with a lime.

I have to say, I prefer this kind of Margarita over anything I've made at work. The Agave nectar gives it a nice sweet taste that doesn't feel artificial to the tongue. The only thing that would perhaps enhance the cocktail is to use a higher end Triple Sec like Cointreau.

I may have spoiled myself from having a "regular" Margarita again.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment