Saturday, June 9, 2012

Honey Vodka Infusion

I wanted to try my hand at a long term infusion project and I came across a recipe for a Honey Vodka infusion from Catherine Morrow's website: NeoHomesteading.com. Here site is chock full of information concerning many aspects of cooking, baking, pickling and alcohol infusions. Give her webpage a look next time you're in the mood to try out something new. Here is the recipe that she lists on her website:
Honey Vodka
1 cup honey
3 cups vodka
2 cinnamon sticks (optional* you can also add clove or allspice)

Combine honey, vodka and cinnamon sticks in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. You can use plastic however you'll want to make sure its food safe. Shake the jar vigorously, shake it from time to time and allow to rest ideally 3 months. It can be used immediately however the longer it sits the more the flavors will meld. (the cinnamon in particular)

So off I went to the market and got the necessary ingredients for this little experiment. I used the honey and added 4 small cinnamon sticks. After adding the 3 cups of vodka, here is what I came up with.



The infusion already has a nice golden color to it. After I get the last few drops from the bottle, it'll sit until Autumn. By then I look forward to using it in Fall flavored cocktails. Thanks again to Catherine Morrow for the inspiration.

Until Then, Happy Drinking
Sisco Vanilla


1 comment:

  1. Its truly great with pineapple juice or apple cider, even a nice apple mead! Hope you enjoy it in good health.

    ReplyDelete