Sunday, June 17, 2012

Oak and Ginger on Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day to all of you dad's out there including my own dad and myself. Hope you're enjoying your special day. For today's pre-work cocktail, I've decided to keep it nice and simple. I came across Bacardi's newest spiced rum The Bacardi Oakheart while picking up ingredients for an egg nog recipe by Jeffrey Morganthaler last Winter. According to the Bacardi Oakheart website:

BACARDI® OakHeart is a bold, spiced rum that gets its robust flavor by fermenting in charred oak barrels. Rich and oaky on the nose, with hints of smoke and dried fruit, this exceptional spiced rum has a robust flavor that stands up to any challenge.

I have to admit that I really, really like the Bacardi Oakheart over the popular Captain Morgan. I find that it has a richer and spicer taste as compared to the Captain Morgan. If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

So to quench my Fathers Day thirst, here is the recipe:

Oak and Ginger
1.5 ounces Bacardi Oakheart Rum
4–5 ounces ginger ale or ginger beer
3 dashes Angostura bitters
Fresh lime, squeezed

Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake well. Pour into a highball glass filled with ice and add a squeeze of fresh lime.

That's it. Very simple, refreshing and delicious. Not much more I can say than Happy Fathers Day.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment