Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stoli Wild Cherry vs Grey Goose Cherry Noir

While I had the Mehkong Spiced Whiskey/Rum/Thai Spirit at Forum this past Sunday afternoon, I noticed that the bar had a decent selection of flavored vodkas and decided to give the Stoli Wild Cherri vodka a shot. It was not what I expected.

I decided to have it made simply with coke. Where I thought I'd have something similar to a cherry coke or maybe a Dr. Pepper, it tasted like I was drinking Vicks Formula 44D and coke. And to be honest, the Vicks 44D and coke probably would have tasted better. It was just god awful, tasting very medicinal and artificial. It was not very tasty or appetizing to say the least. Let's see how the Grey Goose Cherry Noir stands up next to the Stoli Wild Cherri.



I had picked up a few samples of Grey Goose Cherry Noir while at my local liquor store a few days ago. Why buy a big bottle if you find you don't like it. Right? So let;s see what this Grey Goose Cherry Noir tastes like.

Immediately I notice that the Goose Cherry has a much more subtler aroma than the Stoli Wild Cherry and when mixed with Diet Pepsi, the cherry taste seem more natural and has a nice little spicy kick to it. This definitely tastes more like a combination between a Cherry Cola and Dr. Brown's Black Cherry Soda. It is not as artificially tasting as the Stoli Wild Cherri.

I guess to get the most authentic tasting cherry spirit I'll have to add cherries to the infusion list. Any recommendation on what kind of cheeries to use?

Until Then, Happy Drinking
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment