Monday, July 23, 2012

A Grasshopper For The Kahuna

The Kahuna has been on a roll lately at the bar and he had asked me if I had an idea for something that was a blend of chocolate and mint in my arsenal. I wish I had some Godiva Liqueurs at my disposal. I really do prefer the silkiness and richness that Godiva gives cocktails rather than using the Creme de Cacao. But since I need to improvise using what's available, I think I came up with something. In thinking of something on the mint side, I thought back to my early days in the bar business when I worked a the door at a bar in Nyack called Bruxelle's. Now this was in 1995 when I was less selective in what I would drink. A couple of regulars were fond of this shot and when we were allowed to drink we did some with them. Ah those damn froggies we used to shoot. Quite tasty actually:
Grasshopper
1 oz. Crème de Menthe (Green)
1 oz. Crème de Cacao (White)
1 oz. Cream/Half and Half

Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well Strain into a shot glass or over ice.
The color reminds me of the milkshakes that McDonald's releases during the spring around the time of St. Patrick's Day. It is actually a kind of shot that can be made in advanced, stored in the fridge and served on St. Patty's day when someone asks for a green shot.

Ok Kahuna, here goes. Enjoy your chocolate mint drink. Hope you like it.


For the record, he did like it.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment