Friday, July 27, 2012

Good Morning To You

This little nugget of a shot comes from Elizabeth in the Pacific Northwest. She tends bar in the Seattle area and this is how she describes her shot:
You should try this one shot I make over here! I call it Good Morning ;) Crown with some buttershots mixed with an OJ back. Tastes like pancakes with syrup washed down with some OJ. Voila!
I asked her if it should be chilled or done straight up and here is what she recommends:
I tried it chilled, but I think it's better just straight. I mean, who likes cold maple syrup! lol But try out both and see what they like.
Sounds good to me. Can never go wrong with something that taste like pancakes with syrup washed down with OJ. Right? Let's whip this up.
Good Morning
1.5oz Crown Royal
.5oz Butterscotch Schnapps
Mix the Crown Royal and Butterscotch Schnapps.

Pour in a shot glass and drink the Orange Juice after shooting the shot.
So how did it taste?

I had Marta be my guinea pig for this shot before I decided to try it. Without telling her what it tasted like she said it first tasted very Christmas-y. Then after I mention the name of the shot, she said it reminded her exactly on how Elizabeth described it. Now its my turn.


I have to say, Elizabeth really does have one heckuva shot here. The syrup taste that is often found on pancakes pops out with a little kick from the Crown Royal and the OJ just smooths it all out. All I needed was some bacon to make it complete. Thanks for the recommendation.

The ironic thing is that I came up with another shot that is similar to Elizabeth's shot at around the same time I got her message. It has a breakfast theme with a Canadian whisky as being the main part of the shot. Here it is:
Crazy Moose Shot
3/4 oz Canadian Club Whisky
1/4 oz Maple Syrup

In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the ingredients. Shake well and strain into shot glasses.

I'm not sure if I am quite ready for the Crazy Moose Shot after having a Good Morning. I'll get back to that one at a later date.

Until Then Keep Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment