Monday, July 30, 2012

The Fuzzy Goose Pimple

Never let it be said that the bar crew that works and hangs at the Bleecker Street Bar aren't the intrepid kind. After a long shift this past Saturday night, Buzz had a brainstorm and came up with an interesting concept. He had an idea to take his the cheesecake that came with his diner delivery, add vodka to it and shake the "f" out of it. Why? We'll isn't that the way inspiration works? This is how he made it:
The Fuzzy Goose Pimple
2oz Vodka
1oz Triple Sec
And a few pieces of Cheesecake

Place all in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
Interesting name isn't it? Can the cocktail live up to the name? The cocktail had an interesting consistency. It was somewhat grainy due to the cheesecake and few who tasted it said that it either needed more sugar or it (as in my case) it was just fine. Fellow bartender Ace suggested that we use Vanilla Vodka instead of regular Vodka. Alice said it was just awful. LOL. I guess three out of four ain't bad. We assumed that the grainy texture came from not shaking the cocktail enough. The cheesecake didn't liquify enough.

Now taking heed to Ace's suggestion and since Stoli Vanilla is my shot of choice I decided to make my own version of the cocktail. I decided to run with it and here's my version:
Nene's Cheesecake Surprise
2oz Stoli Vanilla
1oz Creme de Cacao
.5oz Grand Marnier
.25oz of Chambord
And a few pieces of Cheesecake

Shake over ice and pour into chilled cocktail glass. Drop cherry in and drizzle some Grenadine for color.
The consistency was definitely aided by a longer shake. The cocktail was think and creamy but not "goopy". The grenadine provided a nice sweet little surprise upon reaching the bottom. Buzz found it too sweet suggesting that perhaps adding the Grenadine was a bit too much. I also found it sweet but then I expected it to be. Chuck said it was dangerous. We all agreed that it was pretty awesome attempt. Not bad on the suggestion of a collection of bartenders and bouncers.


And a bit of disclosure of the name? My son's nickname is Nene and he is a cheesecake fiend. Loves it. So there is a nod to my baby boy.

What do ya'lls think. Let me know.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment