Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Pom-Cosmo

This cocktail recommendation came from my friend Chris C. He suggested that I make and try out a cocktail called the Pom Cosmo. Here is how he says it should be made:
Pom-Cosmo
2 parts Vodka (I perfer Ketel One)
dash of dry vermouth
juice of 1/2 of lime
1/2 packet of splenda
1 part midori
2 parts POM juice,

Pour all into a shaker with ice, shake and serve, garnish with a twist of a lime peel.
The drink has a beautiful deep purple color with a nice tartness to go with it. It is a little dry, crisp but flavorful. If I didn't mention to Marta that there was Midori in the cocktail she would have never guessed. I was worried that the POM juice would be too sweet for the cocktail but found that if it was sweet, the other ingredients balanced it out.

I like how it is a very classical cocktail that leans more towards the DeGroff Cosmopolitan in terms of tartness rather than the Cook Cosmopolitan. It is a cocktail that would definitely be enjoyed by those whose palate leans towards the kinds of flavor found in a standard Martini. For a more in depth description of both versions of the Cosmpolitan, please click on my blogpost The Cosmopolitan: Cook or DeGroff Versions.

I had Marta be the one to enjoy this cocktail and based on what you see in the picture below, the smile on her face says it all.


Thanks Chris for the recommendation. I'll keep this one in my back pocket when I need to impress or help someone impress their date.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment