Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Cream Soda

For today I decided to go back to basics. Since my nom de plume is Sisco Vanilla, I decided to make myself an after work cocktail containing my preferred shooting spirit: Stoli Vanilla.

To keep it simple, I decided to mix it with Ginger Ale to make a drink with the flavor of a Cream Soda. Now it's not as thick, rich and dark as let's say an A&W Cream Soda but the taste of this drink comes close. Here's the recipe:

The Cream Soda
1oz. Stoli Vanilla
2oz. Ginger Ale


Stir ingredients gently together in a chilled cocktail glass with a small amount of crushed ice, and serve.

Well, I didn't feel like dirtying multiple glassware so I made it in a regular glass. The drink really does taste like a lighter version of a Cream Soda though I have to admit I wish I had some Vanilla Ice cream in it to make it an alcoholic Ice Cream Soda. To wish for the good old days of the luncheonette cream sodas and egg floats of yore. Ay-yay-yay, sometimes modernization sucks.


Oh well, enough of the reminiscing. Enjoy your drinks folks, its last call. Time to take your butts home.

Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

For Further Reading
- Click Here for a recipe that makes a "Cream Soda" using Guinness, Club Soda, Ginger and Vanilla Liquers called a Guinness Cream Soda from Chow.com


No comments:

Post a Comment