Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sisco's Apple Infused Vodka in an Apple Martini

Where last week I made a OO7 Sisco Style out of my Orange infused vodka, today is the Apple's turn. I strained this vodka at the same time I strained the orange one but decided to leave it sitting in the dark cabinet for a week. I did so since I required a certain ingredient to make what I wanted to make: An Apple Martini. I found a simple recipe on the Drinks Maker website. Here's the recipe:

Apple Martini
1 part Absolut® vodka
1 part DeKuyper® Sour Apple Pucker schnapps
1 part apple juice


Pour all ingredients into a shaker. Shake well and strain into a Martini glass.

Since I have an apple flavored vodka, I'm going to play around with the measurements and not use the apple juice. The vodka took on a nice golden color very similar to the color of apple juice. Since I used red apples instead of using Granny Smith green apples, I don't think that the vodka will be as tart as if I used the Grannies. So here is the recipe I came up with for mine:

2 oz. Apple Vodka
1.5 oz. Sour Apple Liqueur

How does it look? Well take a gander at this beauty to the right. I actually picked up these Martini glasses at KMart ($17.99 for a box of 6) and I have to say I like the heft that the glass has. Its not dainty in the least. The only thing missing is a Maraschino cherry sitting at the bottom of the glass. Taste? I like the way it tastes. The apple vodka's taste underlies the tarter sour apple liqueur. They do play nicely together. It has a nice light green hue to it.

I'm not sure how an apple flavored vodka like the Absolute Orient Apple would taste in this drink, but I do have to say that my two first attempts at infusing a Vodka has been more than a pleasant surprise. But to be honest, I won't use the New Amsterdam vodka again for infusing. It is way too harsh. I'm currently using the rest of it with some Blackberries. I got a few bottles of good old Alexis Vodka, its what we use on the well at work.

Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla



No comments:

Post a Comment