Thursday, May 24, 2012

Dragon's Blood...The Combination

Last week in my post Dragon's Blood...The Beginning I spoke about how I was putting together a concoction with a Jalapeño infused vodka. After four days of infusion, the vodka started to take on a light green hue from the peppers and smelled quite spicy. Here is a picture of what it looked like.

Now I decided to put the whole drink together. I used a base of tomato juice, orange juice and fresh lime juice. Here is the recipe I started with:

Dragon's Blood (Beginning)
2 cups of Jalapeño Infused Vodka
2 cups of Tomato Juice
2 cups of Orange Juice
1 Fresh Squeezed Lime

I found that the Jalapeno flavor was hidden a little bit by the juices. So to ramp up the spice factor (hell, Dragon's Blood should have a bit of a kick, no?) by adding to teaspoons of White Pepper Powder, .5oz of olive juice and 8oz. of tomato juice to thick it up a bit. Here is the final recipe:

Dragon's Blood (Final)
2 cups of Jalapeño Infused Vodka
2.5 cups of Tomato Juice
2 cups of Orange Juice
1 Fresh Squeezed Lime
2 tsp of White Pepper Powder
.5 oz of Olive juice

I served myself some over ice with a lemon and lime wedge squeezed over the ice and here is what I came up with. How did it taste? I would characterize it as a milder version of a Bloody Mary. At the first taste the drink was smooth then my taste buds started lighting up as an old telephone switchboard would during an emergency. I felt a kick near the back of my tongue on both sides, in the back of my throat and on the tip of my tongue. Not that it was unpleasant. Not in the least. I quite enjoyed the drink. Hopefully Chuck and his cohorts will like it. I'll try to get a statement from him next week when he gets back from his excursion.

Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment