Saturday, August 4, 2012

Figenza Fig Vodka

In same batch of samples that I bought with the Tres Leche Triple Cream Liqueur was an interesting light purple colored bottle of Fig Flavored Vodka called Figenza.

Now as you all know I like to infuse vodkas and the thought of trying something new without having to infuse it myself was something I couldn't resist. I went to the Figenza website and here is how they describe their product:
The Mediterranean’s Best Kept Secret. Born under the Mediterranean sun, Figenza is a completely natural experience of incomparable fruitfulness married with delicately smooth premium vodka. It has taken nearly 12 years to develop the refined Figenza recipe. The blend of hand selected Mediterranean figs and Europe’s finest vodka has produced the distinct spirit. Today, Figenza Mediterranean Fig Vodka is one of the best kept secrets in the world. Discover the inspiring sensuality of the Mediterranean soul.
Well, based on that description how can I not go forward with tasting the Figenza. The website has an extensive list of cocktails that you can make at home with the Figenza and since the description mentioned the sensual nature of the Mediterranean soul one such cocktail stood out to me. Here is the one I chose to make for this post:
The Aphrodisiac Margarita
2.5 oz. Figenza Fig Vodka
1/2 oz. Grand Marnier
1 oz. Pomegranate Juice (I used the Trop 50 Pomegranate Blueberry Juice)
1/2 oz. Lime Juice

Build over ice and serve on the rocks with a lemon.
It was much tarter than I thought that it would be. I'm actually surprised by that. Between the Figenza which has a light sweet taste and aroma, the Grand Marnier which is very sweet and thick and the Pomegranate Blueberry Juice which wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be I didn't think that the .5oz of Lime Juice would make the cocktail as tart as it was. I'm not complaining. I actually like it. I like how the cocktail's deep purple color matches the color of the bottle. This is a cocktail that I can definitely get behind.

I highly recommend you picking up a bottle of Figenza Fig Flavored Vodka for something different. On their Downloads section of the their website, you can find all their recipes on one PDF sheet plus other goodies. Check it out.


I have some more samples that I purchased on Tuesday that I have left to taste. Look forward to doing so and reporting back to all you gals and guys.

Until The Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment