Friday, August 10, 2012

The Green Dragon

This little cocktail seemed to have gotten lost in the shuffle. Last week the proverbial Mayor of Bleecker Street Bar came in as per his usual routine. The Kahuna was looking for something new to try out. He wanted something colorful and immediately something came to mind.

I remembered that Melvin and I were having a conversation a while back about Long Island Iced Teas and drinks of that ilk. To avoid repeating myself, read my post on The Texas Tea on my impression of those types of drinks. So this jade colored concoction that Melvin told me was called The Green Dragon should not be confused with this Green Dragon or this Green Dragon or even this Green Dragon.

Hey, you can't even confuse it with my friend Chuck "DragonBlack" Collins or in this case Chuck "DragonGreen" Collins. LOL. I mean you might have the greenish hue that Chuck has in this pic after about three or four of these cocktails. If you haven't had a chance, check out my talented friend's art at his FB page: The Art of Chuck Collins and his blogpage Dread Society X. Ok, enough of the cheap plug for my friend Chuck, LOL. Back to the cocktail.

So here's the recipe for the Green Dragon I made for the Kahuna:
The Green Dragon
1 oz rum
1 oz vodka
1 oz gin
1 oz tequila
1 oz triple sec
1 oz sweet and sour mix
Midori for color

Build over ice, leaving Sweet and Sour and the Midori for last. Stir and serve.

Unlike the Long Island Iced Tea that takes Coke as the last ingredient, adding Midori instead gives this drink its distinctive Green color. As you can tell by the next picture, the Kahuna seemed to enjoy it. Another satisfied customer.


Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco

No comments:

Post a Comment