Monday, August 20, 2012

The Very Berry-tini Cocktail

When I started making infused vodkas, one of the things I was going for was coming up with a cocktail that was made up of flavored vodkas that infused. Well folks, like Dr. Frankenstein said: I Did It!!!! It's Alive!!!! Well, maybe he didn't say it quite like that but you get my drift.

I took four of the berry flavored Vodka infusions and made them into a cocktail that I call The Very Berry-tini. Here is how I put it together:
The Very Berry-tini Cocktail
1oz Blackberry Infused Vodka
1oz Blueberry Infused Vodka
1oz Raspberry Infused Vodka
1oz Strawberry Infused Vodka
1.5oz Cranberry Juice
.5oz Homemade Sweet and Sour

Build over a half filled cocktail shaker with ice, shake vigorously and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
As you can see this is a liquor heavy cocktail and the blend of the berries with the sweet and sour makes for a very potent cocktail. It has a certain tartness to it which I would say is from the addition of the Cranberry juice and sweet and sour mix. It is not sweet in the least though the fruitiness of the berries works well with the tart elements. It is subtle in terms of tasting like it has a lot of alcohol, it is very strong. Two or three of these and it may be beddie-bye time.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment