Sunday, August 5, 2012

Peach Sea Breeze

In the July 19, 2012 blogpost entitled Status of the Infusions I mentioned all the way at the bottom of the post that I was infusing a small batch of Peach Vodka. Today I decided to strain out the fruit. Here is what I came up with:


The Peach Vodka is aromatic and hued with a nice peach/light orange color. I recently took a book out of the public library called Cocktails by Time Life books and one particular recipe under the Vodka section caught my eye. Since I had just bought some fresh fruit among which were Grapefruits, I decided to adapt the recipe for the Sea Breeze to my purposes. Here is the Peach Sea Breeze:
Peach Sea Breeze
1.5oz Peach Infused Vodka
2oz Cranberry Juice
2oz Fresh Squeezed Red Grapefruit Juice

Build and serve over ice.
The Peach flavor in the Vodka seems to play hand-in-hand with the bitterness of the fresh Grapefruit juice and the subtle tartness of the Cranberry juice. I like the simple notes of this cocktail and that is saying alot since I am not particularly fond of Grapefruit juice. Maybe I need to stick to the juice straight from the fruit rather than the can or bottle for a better experience.

Any other suggestions on how I can use the little bit of Peach Infused Vodka I have left?

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment