Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Double Espresso Martini

I stated in my last post that I had two different cocktails while waiting for my train back home from Boston to NYC last Wednesday evening. Where the first cocktail was called the Southern Station Rum Punch and was not as sweet as I thought it would be, the next cocktail I chose was one that I believed would give a nice counter-balance to a sweet cocktail. For this one I ordered The Double Espresso Martini. This is the recipe as listed in the cocktail menu book:
The Double Espresso Martini
Van Gogh Double Espresso Vodka
Bailey's Irish Cream
Now I was intrigued by this cocktail since I've never tasted the Van Gogh Double Espresso Vodka. Actually I've never tasted any of their 22 flavored vodkas. Seeing a chance to do so in a cocktail was something that I couldn't pass over. What did I think about it?

I was correct in my thinking that it would be a perfect counter-balance to the Southern Station Rum Punch. Actually, the cocktail packs quite a punch. It is strong due to the blending of the Bailey's and the espresso flavor of the Vodka though the Bailey's seems to stand out in the forefront of color and flavor while the Vodka and the caffeine it seems to contain just hangout in the background delivering a subtle kick.

I must say that I really enjoyed this cocktail for the tingle that it seemed to give me. I was thoroughly satisfied with the cocktails I had at Clarke's at South Station. I look forward to hopefully being able to stop by there again on my next trip to Boston.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment