Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ketel One Lemonade on Tap

I'm not sure if you have heard of the recent way of pouring wine and mixed drinks. Both vino and mixed drinks are now starting to be poured from a tap in the same way that beer is poured and served. Places like Terroir Tribeca, a wine bar on Harrison Street in Manhattan. Buttermilk Channel and Colicchio & Sons, have served such wines as red, white and rosé from the tap. In the last few months new bar Gin Palace has seemed to have gotten into some trouble with the NYS Liquor Authority for their serving of Gin and Tonics from a tap. I for one had yet to try a cocktail that came straight from a tap...Until today. I did so in probably the most unexpected of locations: Yankee Stadium.

I was in attendance for the Yankees v Orioles game in which the Yankees broke their four game losing streak with a 12-3 win. As I was at the game, I decided to have myself a cocktail and went to the Yankee food court to get one. Now I didn't expect to get a big sized cup full of booze and to be honest, I was surprised at how much I got for the $12-dollar cost. Aside from the frozen Margaritas, they had both Ketel One Lemonade and Jose Cuervo Margarita, straight from the tap. How was it?

It tasted like a Vodka Lemonade would since the Vodka wouldn't really be noticeable in the Lemonade. It wasn't bad at all. Perhaps it wouldn't have been as stiff as I would have gotten it at a bar but I was in Yankee Stadium. What did I expect, right? It was better than paying $9.50 for a Bud, Bud Light or get this a Ballantine Ale. Yes folks, in the Retro Beer section of the stadium, they sell tall cans of Ballantine Ale, Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer and Rolling Rock. I'll take a small Ketel One Lemonade over those beers anyday.


When I come across some more mixed drinks on tap, I'll report on them.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

For Further Reading:
- Click Here for Ashley Parker's article Partners Push a Tap Wine Manifesto from the New York Times dated July 29, 2011
- Click Here to read Robert Simonson's blogpost Gin Palace Says State Turned Off the Tap on Its Cocktails from the Diner's Journal section of the New York Times dated July 3, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment