Monday, August 6, 2012

Walk the Plank Sisco Style

My sister Ariana and her friend Maribel went to Dave and Busters this past Friday for some well deserved after work drinks. She tagged me in a picture on FB and I asked her what they were drinking. Her friend Maribel had a couple potent Mai Tais while she had a drink called a Walk the Plank. Basically the drink contained the following ingredients: Captain morgan original spiced rum, malibu coconut rum, peach schnapps, pineapple juice, oj and pomegranate syrup. I see that and think: SUPER SWEET. Now thinking about those ingredients, how can I make something that is similarly flavored but lacking in the excess sugar. Here is what I came up with:

Walk the Plank Sisco Style
1oz Bacardi Oakheart
.5oz Bacardi Coco
.5oz Peach Infused Vodka
1oz Diet Mango Juice
1oz Fresh Squeezed Red Grapefuit Juice.
Splash of Grenadine

Build over ice, stir and serve.
As you can see in comparing the pictures, mine looks very similar in color. Upon tasting, the lively flavor notes of the spiced rum, coconut and peach are noticed immediately. As I've stated before, I prefer the Oakheart over Captain Morgan and the Bacardi Coco over the Malibu. They both taste better. Not as synthetic. The juice choice makes for a cocktail that isn't very sweet. It allows for the cocktail to be very subtle sweet rather than sickly sweet.


Now I'm not sure if Ari would like this one over the one she had at Dave and Busters. Guess she'll have to come over and have one...or two. Right Ari?

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

1 comment: