Friday, August 3, 2012

Laura's Chocolate Cake Shot and Her Boobs

Before I go into what I mean about Laura's boobs, let me touch on her Chocolate Cake shot. My friend Laura is a hardcore Arsenal F.C. fan of the English Premier League. Now this pretty lady is on Twitter and has some of the most interesting statements and followers that I have ever seen. So if you aren't following her you should: @LGoonerHoward. What does this all have to do with booze and boobs. On to the booze.

The last time I saw her here at the Bleecker Street Bar, she suggested we try her variation of the Chocolate Cake shot. Now for those of you who don't know what a Chocolate Cake shot is here is how its made:
Chocolate Cake Shot
.5oz of Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur
.5oz of Absolute Citron Vodka

Combine ingredients with ice in a shaker and pour into a shot glass. Shoot it and suck on a sugar coated lemon wedge
Its a tasty shot. Laura's shot calls for a slightly different take on the Chocolate Cake shot:
Laura's Chocolate Cake Shot
.5oz of Frangelico
.5oz Stoli Vanilla Vodka

Combine ingredients with ice in a shaker and pour into a shot glass. No sugar and no lemon.
Now how can I disagree with a shot that contains Stoli Vanilla. Right? Actually I prefer this shot since it is a neater shot. No sugar stuck to your fingers (and possibly beard) due to sucking on the lemon wedge full of sugar. Ok, enough of the fun stuff. Let's get serious. Its time for the Boobs.

My friend Laura is a breast cancer survivor who is participating in the 2012 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Her commitment to this cause is strong. Here is what she has to say about it (from her Avon Walk for Breast Cancer page):
I've committed to participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. It's a big commitment, one that will require me to spend the next several months training and fundraising. But breast cancer is a big disease, one that still affects far too many people, and I'm determined to do everything I can to help put an end to it. The money I raise will be managed and disbursed by the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade to help provide access to care for those that most need it, fund educational programs, and accelerate research into new treatments and potential cures. I'll be just one of thousands of people that will walk up to a marathon and a half over a weekend, raising awareness of the cause and educating even more people.

In addition, I myself am a survivor, and in our Team "Rockers for Knockers" we have a number of survivors - we want to give back, and help others!!!

I can't do it without your help. Though I'm required to raise at least $1,800 in donation, I plan to raise much more!

I hope that I can count on your support.
So what I am asking you gals and guys to do is to try and help Laura out with her fundraising goal. Any amount will help a tremendous cause that needs all the help it can get. Here is the link to her Avon Walk for Breast Cancer personal page:
Rockers for Knockers Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Page
So instead of having that extra shot this weekend, pour that money into Laura's Breast Walk donation fund. I'd appreciate it.

Until Then Happy Drinking,
Sisco Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment